Monday, July 14, 2014

77: Chard, It's Not Hard

Recently I have become obsessed with Chard.  I have made it several nights and I just had to write about it.

A lot of people probably see Chard as a leafy green, with a weird red stem.  I see that too, but man oh man is it delicious.  To cook it, I just cut the weird red stems away from the leafy greens and throw them in a bowl.  Caution - it will cook down to about 1/3 of the size of the washed leaves.

In a medium sized pan, I heat some olive oil. Add some diced garlic and onions and let those cook for about 5 minutes (until fragrant).  Sometimes, I'll add some sliced mushrooms and then I just add the chard and move it around until the leaves have wilted.  
Will is super nice and lets me eat the whole bowl, since he HATES chard.  Maybe someday he'll learn to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...