Friday, May 3, 2013

21: Jalapeno Lime Shrimp


I am always browsing pinterest for recipe ideas and that's where I ran across this gem and have been wanting to try it ever since.  Today was pretty yucky weather, but I decided that tonight was the night to try Jalapeno Lime Shrimp.

Ingredients:

Olive Oil
2 tbsp butter
red cayenne pepper (to taste)
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
garlic
2 medium tomatoes (diced)
1 cup chicken broth
1 lb shrimp 
1 lime (for juice)
a few sprigs of Cilantro
S&P

The How To:
Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat
Stir in cayenne pepper
Saute the jalapeno for about 3 minutes
Add the garlic and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute)
Add the tomatoes and cook for about 3 more minutes
Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer
Add shrimp to the skillet and season with S&P 
Cook until shrimp cooked through (about 5 minutes)
Add the lime juice and cilantro
Now you are ready to eat!



This dish turned out a little soupier (yes, that's a word) than I was hoping.  If I made this dish again (and I would) I would only use 1/2 cup of the chicken broth.  I served mine over quinoa with black beans and tomatoes.  This dish was Will approved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...