Tuesday, December 3, 2013

48: Burke Potage

Honestly, I just googled "soup synonym" and came up with potage. So was born the name of this soup.
Last week, we had our annual Friendsgiving.  We have AWESOME friends.  Seriously.  We had a Honey Baked Ham, and lots of other yummy sides.  The ham hock was left over and I was lucky enough to be able to take it home with me.  I decided to try my hand a a soup/potage.  This is the outcome.


Ingredients: 

ham hock
1 can garbanzo beans
2 cans cannellini beans
2 cans diced Italian style tomaotes
1 can chicken broth (low sodium)
1 can black beans
4 medium potatoes
~1 cup sliced carrots
~1/4 cup diced white onion
4 garlic diced cloves
olive oil
S&P
*1 tsp cumin
*1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

*not pictured

The How To:

Pull out your crockpot
Mix everything up - turn on low for 8 hours

Will and I weren't sure how this was going to turn out, but it ended up being delicious!! The ham hock really made it! (Thanks Liz!)











This was Will approved!  AND! I took some of the leftover soup home and my dad actually liked it! That is a pretty big deal - if you know him, you know what I am saying.

 

As a bonus - here are some pictures from Friendsgiving... 


Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...