Tuesday, January 7, 2014

56: Chicken Marsala

We are having record low temperatures this week so I that seems like the perfect time for some comfort food. I basically mixed this and this recipe to make up my own version of Chicken Marsala.  

Ingredients:

2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp all purpose flour
S&P
Olive oil
1 package sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp butter
1 cup marsala cooking wine
1/4 cup heavy cream

The How To:
Preheat oven to 405.
Tin a dish with aluminum foil for easy clean up, and add your chicken
Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with S&P
Cook for 45 minutes

When the chicken has about 20 minutes left, heat the butter in a skillet
Add flour and mix so that it becomes a paste
Add mushrooms and garlic to cook for about 5 minutes
Add wine and cream - simmer over medium until thickened
Pour sauce over chicken and serve over pasta, quinoa or rice.

Will and I both devoured our dinner.  Will's only complaint was that I could have cut up the chicken.  I can definitely live with that.  This dish is Will approved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...