Thursday, January 2, 2014

54: Poppy Seed Mushroom Chicken Casserole

Why not start the new year off with a bang casserole... 
Recently I was in the Farmer's Market and I saw some poppy seeds.  My mom used to make lemon poppy seed muffins and I thought I'd get some so I could try them out.  Well I ran across this recipe and decided to try something like it instead.

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 carton portobello mushrooms
1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves
1/2 onion, chopped
S&P

The How To:
Preheat oven to 405
Line a dish with aluminum foil 
Add chicken, season with S&P and top with a little olive oil
Cook for 45 minutes
Meanwhile, add a tiny slice of butter to a pan
Cook onions and garlic until opaque (about 5 minutes) 
Add mushrooms and cook another 3 minutes
Once chicken is done, cut in chunks and add to casserole dish (9x13)
Preheat oven to 350
Cover chicken with onion, mushroom, garlic mixture
Add soup, sour cream, worcestershire, and S&P
In a separate bowl, stir crushed crackers, poppy seeds, and melted butter 
Sprinkle the cracker mix over the chicken
Bake for 30 minutes

Serve with quinoa (or rice).  I also served my casserole alongside a Roasted Winter Veggie Salad.  Our cousin Andy happened to be in town and also got in on the "What Will Ate" action.  Both the guys liked the casserole, so it is Will & Andy approved! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...