Monday, February 10, 2014

60: Beer Mac & Cheese

For anyone that knows me, you know my favorite food is macaroni and cheese.  For anyone that knows Will, you know his favorite drink is beer.  So when I saw this recipe I knew it was a must try.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups pasta - any shape
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 cup skim milk
1 cup beer (I used bud light, but I guess whatever would work)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
pinch of paprika
S&P 
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 cup panko

The How To:
Preheat oven to 375
Boil pasta for about 8 minutes
While pasta is cooking grab a medium saucepan and add butter
Once butter has melted add flour, and whisk to create a roux - about two minutes
Add milk and beer and keep stirring until it starts to boil
Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted and sauce begins to thicken (for about 5 minutes) 
Stir in S&P, paprika, and nutmeg
Drain noodles once done cooking and add to a medium casserole dish
Pour cheese sauce over the top and stir to combine
Top with panko and a little extra cheese
Bake for 25 minutes
Enjoy! 


Will loved it, but said he'd prefer it without the panko.  I'll be honest, I prefer my regular sans beer and sans baking way.  Call me old fashioned.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...