Monday, February 3, 2014

59: Roasted Mushrooms

Will is not a big mushroom fan, but I am always trying to get him to try (and like) them. You can see some examples here, here or here.  Sometimes it goes better than others, so I knew I was taking a risk when I wanted to try out these roasted mushrooms.  I figured if he hated then, that just meant more for me :)

Ingredients:

1 pack of portobello mushrooms
olive oil
1 tsbp capers
2 garlic cloves, minced
S&P
1 tbsp butter, cut into little cubes
some fresh lemon juice

The How To:
Preheat oven to 450
Grab your skillet (cast iron preferred) and add mushrooms, oil, capers, garlic, S&P and butter.
Roast the mushrooms for about 15 minutes, stirring twice
After cooking, squeeze a little lemon juice over the top and then eat til your heart is content.

Will said.. "eh.. they're alright, but I definitely don't love them as much as you do" while I was just gushing away.  I LOVED them.  I don't even care that he didn't like them - they were so easy and delicious I would recommend these to everyone with taste buds (that means you)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...