Monday, April 15, 2013

18: Veggie Casserole Bake

Second new dish in one day?! WHAT?!  I've gone nuts.


I had a couple of extra squash that I needed to eat so I started looking up a few recipes when I found this one for Summer Squash Casserole.  I totally changed the whole recipe up, but I thought I'd reference it just for kicks.






Ingredients: 
2 yellow squash
2 zucchini
1 jalapeno 
1/2 green bell pepper
1 tomato
1 can cream of chicken soup
S&P
8 oz sour cream (4 oz would be better)
Olive Oil
Panko
1/4 cup shredded cheese

The How To:
Preheat oven to 350.  
Dice squash, zucchini, jalapeno, green pepper
Bring some water to a boil and add the diced veggies for about 10 minutes
Grab a casserole dish
Stir in the chicken soup, sour cream, little olive oil and S&P

Stir in the boiled veggies and mix in the cheese
Top with Panko
Bake for about 35 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling

I very seldom make casseroles, so Will was pretty excited about this one.  The only thing I would change is the amount of sour cream I used - otherwise we both really liked this totally made up dish.  
This dish is Will approved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...