Monday, June 17, 2013

26: Mexican Chicken



Sometimes you just want a quick and easy dinner.  Tonight, that is totally what I was going for.  It's a total made up recipe, so no link today.  

Can you believe we are half way through the 52 meals?!  I can't.  I also can't believe I have only made 26 new meals.  It seems like so many more than that.  I look through so many recipes to figure out what I want to tweak to make it my own.  It's hard work!  Read below to see how Will feels.... 

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup salsa
juice from 1 lime
S&P



The How To:
Preheat oven to 405.
Season chicken with S&P.
In a bowl mix the black beans, lime juice, tomatoes, and salsa.
Place the chicken in a cooking dish and pour about half of the mixture over the top.
Cook for 45 minutes.
Serve with cheese and sour cream.
If you have some cilantro - throw that in there as well (I didn't have any on hand, but totally would go with this meal)

This meal might be fast, but it was delicious! Needless to say, this dish was Will approved! This might just become a Burke regular.

























For some reason I can't embed this video.  But you must check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...