Thursday, June 6, 2013

24: Stuffed Flank Steak

I know you have been wondering.. the answer is yes, Will has been eating even though I haven't posted anything in a while.  But since it's been so long I figured I'd make steak, stuffed flank steak, to be exact.

Ingredients:

Flank steak - about 2 pounds
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 carton reduced fat feta cheese
7 oz diced roasted peppers
2 tbsp panko
1 egg
Garlic salt & Pepper
Olive oil

The How To:
Preheat oven to 425.
Slick steak in half, without cutting all the through - so that you can stuff the steak.
Drain all liquid from spinach.
Now, grab a bowl and mix the spinach, cheese, peppers, panko, egg, some garlic salt and pepper.
Cover the steak with the filling, leaving about an inch border on all sides
Roll the steak up - put a little olive oil, S&P on top.
Cook the steak for ~30 minutes
Immediately switch the heat to broil and broil for 5 minutes
Remove from heat and let it rest for 15 minutes.

I actually cooked mine 35 minutes, and broil for 8 minutes.  So the steak turned out a little chewier than Will and I prefer.  So, I have adjusted the times to what I think would be ideal.  With that being said, Will gave this dish a 45 degree thumbs up -- not quite yes, not quite no; but closer to yes than eh.

The star of this dinner was the side that I made up.  It was just broccoli, cheese and quinoa but man, oh man, was it tasty.  For that dish I just boiled some broccoli - made a cup of quinoa, and made a cheese roux.  Mixed it together - ta da! DELICIOUS.



So I guess this dish is 45 degrees Will approved? 


Did you notice that fancy new haircut?  Much better, don't you think... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...