Tuesday, June 25, 2013

27: Tilapia with Quinoa, Feta and Avocados!

If you haven't noticed, I LOVE cooking seafood.  It's fast, easy, delicious AND great for you!  Today I told Will to pick up whatever meat (he knows I prefer seafood) and he came home with Tilapia.  After a few searches, I found this recipe and of course I modified it a little.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked quinoa (2 cups water, 1 cup quinoa - let it start to boil, then cover and let it simmer 15 minutes)
S&P
olive oil
1 lb tilapia fillets
paprika
1 avocado - chopped
~2 tbsp dill seasoning
~1/3 cup reduced fat feta
Juice from 1 lemon





The How To:

In a large skillet, heat some olive oil.
Season fish fillets with S&P; sprinkle with paprika and add to skillet
Cook for about 4 minutes on each side (until it flakes easily)
Stir avocado, dill, feta, about a tsp oil and lemon juice into the cooked quinoa 



Serve the fish on top of the quinoa mixture.



This is a great summer dish.  The quinoa mixture was amazing!  Will and I basically licked our plates.  Obviously, this one is Will approved.  














**Shout out! **
Today is my mom's bday.  I couldn't be more thankful for a loving, supporting mom.  I am very lucky to have you.  I love you!  Happy Birthday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...