Tuesday, August 6, 2013

30: Spicy Tomato Gazpacho

Last week I went to McCormick and Schmicks and had a special tomato gazpacho.  It was so delicious that I have been searching for a recipe to try out.  This is the one that I decided to start with.

Ingredients:

5 tomatoes
1 tbsp garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1  tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp diced jalapenos
1 tsp cilantro*
1/2 large cucumber 
olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder*
S&P
avacado

*not pictured

The How To:
If you don't have a magic bullet (this kind) you should get one. I LOVE mine.
Cut two large slices of cucumber and place aside

Grind 4 tomatoes until they are liquid
Then add all ingredients except the olive oil
Add S&P to taste
Dice the 2 large cucumber slices and 1 tomato and add to the mix
Refrigerate a couple of hours (if you have time) before serving
Serve with avocado slices on top

Will was very skeptical about this dish.  He is not even half the tomato fan that I am.  I really think that I could live off of tomatoes.  But, Will ended up really liking this dish, so..... this dish is Will approved! 





 This is what happens when I forget to take the picture at the table... 

And yes, I served this dish with #31 - Avocado, Swiss, Arugula, and Goat Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...