Wednesday, September 11, 2013

34: Jalapeno Mac & Cheese

My favorite meal in the world is my mom's mac & cheese.  I decided to do a spin on it and added in some jalapenos...

Ingredients: 
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheese
~4 tbsp diced jalapeno (to taste)
S&P
3 cups pasta (any kind you want)

The How To:
Cook the pasta according to package directions and put aside.
Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan, then add the flour and mix until it becomes a paste.  
Add the milk and jalapenos and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.  
Add the cheese and stir until melted completely.
Pour the roux (cheese mixture) over the pasta
Serve immediately

Since this is so close to my all-time favorite meal of course I think it is delicious.  As you can see from the picture below, this was Will approved.
I served it with steak, so that might have had some part of the extra smiley Will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...