Tuesday, September 3, 2013

33: Chipotle Lime Salmon

I have mentioned before(here and here) that Will and I both really love salmon.  And recently I have branched out of the way that I typically make it. (my normal way is just plain on blackened in the broiler)  I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it out.


Ingredients:
1 lb salmon, cut into three slices
Olive oil
1 lime, sliced in thirds
S&P
cayenne pepper 

The How To:
Preheat oven to 500
Place salmon on a foil lined baking sheet - skin side up
Let it cook for 2 minutes, then pull salmon out and remove skin
Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the fillet
Squeeze the lime juice on the fillets
Sprinkle salt, pepper, and cayenne over the tops of the fillets and then place a slice of lime on top of each cut
Reduce heat to 275
Then cook for 8 minutes (longer if you would like your fish more well done)

We both really enjoyed this dish and I could totally see this becoming a regular in our house.  This dish is Will approved!! I served it with quinoa salad (quinoa, red pepper, mushroom, broccoli, tomato, avocado, feta and lime juice) - which was also delicious.

PS.
Yes, I actually forgot to take Will's picture right after we ate - then we went for a long walk.  So that's the reason for the change of clothes and sweaty look... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...