Tuesday, March 4, 2014

65: Baked Soy Salmon

I make Blackened Salmon all the time, but I wanted to try a new Salmon dish for the blog.  When I saw Martha's Soy-Glazed Salmon I knew we had to try it.

Ingredients:

1/6 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
5 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
*2 tbsp white wine
1 1/2 lb salmon fillets cut in 4 equal parts (skin left on)
*not pictured

The How To:
Preheat oven to 400
In a small bowl mix the sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and white wine until the sugar dissolves
Place the salmon fillets, skin down in a baking dish
Pour the mixture over the fish to coat
Bake until fish flakes with a fork - about 17 minutes

Full disclosure - this was supposed to be Soy Glazed Salmon, but I guess Martha out Martha-ed me.  My "glaze" was not so much a glaze, but more of a sauce.  I didn't use as much sugar as she did and I used a little soy sauce.  It still worked out.  
This was pretty good - but definitely not a house favorite.  Will gave it an ehh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...