Monday, March 31, 2014

69: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas



As I've mentioned before Will and I love spicy food (here, here, or here)  When I saw this recipe I knew we had to try it.

I was working late so I didn't take the time to take pictures of all the ingredients, so I'll have to update this post later (when I make a repeat dish)

Ingredients:
olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 
14.5 oz diced tomatoes, drained
8 oz tomato sauce
4 oz green chilies
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/4 tbsp butter
dash of worcestershire sauce
4 oz cream cheese
12 corn tortillas (warmed)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
dash of paprika, pepper, cayenne pepper

The How To:
Preheat oven to 405 
Line a pan with aluminum foil
Place chicken on foil, season with S&P
Cook for 45 minutes
While you are waiting - (start when chicken has about 10 minutes left)
Heat oil in large skillet
Add drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chilies 
Cook for about 5 minutes
Season with paprika, pepper, and cayenne pepper
Once chicken has cooked, shred it
In a small dish, mix butter, hot sauce and worcestershire sauce
Get a large baking dish (9x13) and put a layer of the tomato mixture on the bottom of the dish
Mix hot sauce mixture into the tomato sauce and stir
Add chicken and stir until evenly covered
Fill each tortilla with the chicken/tomato mixture and place in the dish (seam side down)
Top with remaining chicken mixture and top with shredded cheese
Bake in an oven around 350 for about 10 minutes, or until cheese melts
Top with blue cheese (if you wish) and serve!



I was working late so Will helped me make this one, so that might have made it taste even better.  Holy moly you gotta try this one.  Will and I both loved this dish so much.  This dish was Will approved!!  (Also forgot to take the double thumbs up picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...