Tuesday, January 6, 2015

85: Honey Lime Tilapia

Will and I both love seafood and I try to make it at least once a week.  I am so happy that I am finally able to eat seafood - there was a while earlier in my pregnancy that I just couldn't deal with the smell.  After reading through several new recipes to try I decided on this one for Honey Lime Tilapia. 

Ingredients:

4 tilapia fillets
Juice from a large lime
EVOO
*1 tbsp sourwood honey
S&P
1 garlic clove, finely diced
1/4 cup whole wheat flour

The How To:
Pull out a large zip lock bag, add lime juice, about a tbsp EVOO, honey, S&P, and garlic
Add tilapia and let it marinate from 1-4 hours (this is the step I forgot)
After marinating, grab a shallow dish and mix together the flour and S&P
Dredge the fillets in the flour mixture
Heat some olive oil in a large skillet and cook the fillets until opaque ~3 or 4 minutes on each side
Serve immediately, fish tend to cool off quickly.



This dish was really easy to make, but sadly it was lacking flavor.  That could be due to the fact that I completely forgot to marinate the fish, so instead of 1-4 hours it only marinated about 25 minutes.. If I was to make this again I would add some cayenne pepper to the coating and I think it would be improved greatly.  I served this with sauteed spinach and quinoa salad.  Even lacking in flavor this dish was pretty good and was slightly Will approved.





*Now, let's talk about that sourwood honey.  Will and I spend a lot of time in the North Georgia mountains, and that happens to be home to the sourwood tree.  There are a lot of honey farms in that area, which means there is a lot of sourwood honey.  It is delicious and I highly recommend a trip to get some.  Tour one or two of the local honey farms while you're there - you'll be glad you did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...