Monday, January 19, 2015

87: Beurre Blanc Baked Chicken


My parents stopped by on their way home from the mountains and decided to stay for dinner.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to make them try some new food, so I made my version of this recipe. 

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
S&P
1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 carton diced mushrooms (~4 oz)
2 tbsp whipping cream
3 tbsp butter, cut into 6 pieces
white pepper (to taste) 

The How To:
Preheat oven to 405
Season chicken with S&P and spray with Olive Oil
Bake for about 45 minutes

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine the mushrooms, vinegars (sherry and apple cider), olive oil and chicken broth
Bring this mixture to a boil and reduce for about 5 minutes
Add the cream and boil for another couple of minutes (until thickened)
Remove from heat 
Whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, waiting for the butter to melt before adding the next
Season with white pepper
Serve over the chicken


I served this with a roasted veggie quinoa mix and broiled asparagus.  My dad is a picky eater so I am always curious to hear what he thinks of my cooking.  He seemed to really like it.  It's always a good thing when picky eaters like your food.  My mom and Will both really liked it too.  Needless to say this was Will approved! 
I took the little bit that was leftover for lunch and it was even better the next day.  The sauce had time to really marinate into the chicken and quinoa.  Delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...