Monday, January 19, 2015

88: Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce

I try to make some type of seafood at least once a week, if not more often.  But usually I just make it the same way (blackened).  Every now and then I feel like trying something new and tonight was one of those nights.  I saw this recipe and was dying to try it out.  
Disclaimer, I forgot this needs to marinate so I will just write what I actually did.. 

Ingredients:

1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground giner
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp (sourwood) honey 
2 salmon filets (~1 lb total)
1/2 cup mayo
3 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 1/2 tbsp heavy cream

The How To:
In a medium sized sauce dish over medium heat - add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey, and 1 cup of water
Bring this mixture to a simmer
While you are waiting for that to boil...do these two steps:
1. whisk the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and set aside
2. place the salmon skin side up in a broiler safe dish, broil on high for two minutes then easily remove the skin

Once the mixture is boiling add the cornstarch mix and stir until the sauce thickens (about 2 min)
Top your (now skinless) salmon filets with the marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes (turning the salmon about twice while you wait)

Preheat your oven to 400
Bake the salmon (with all the marinade) for 20 minutes

While you are waiting on the salmon to cook:
Whisk together mayo, sriracha, and cream 

Serve immediately and top with the sriracha sauce. 

I served this on top of stir fry noodles and edamame on the side. 


If I made this dish again I would try to actually make the marinade in advance so that it has time to cool down to room temp, and give the salmon a little more time to soak in the marinade (more than 30 minutes)
Even without marinating for long, the flavor really came through.  Both Will and I gobbled down every bit of this dish.  It will definitely be making a comeback in our house.  This dish was Will approved! 



Don't i just have the cutest husband around.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...