Sunday, March 17, 2013

12: Bubble Up Pizza

We were in the need for a quick meal (heard that before, right?)  And who doesn't love pizza.  So I thought I would try out this recipe for Bubble Up Pizza.  
I didn't use the cast iron skillet -- I used a Pyrex dish, so that might have made a difference in the way this recipe turned out... 

Ingredients:
1 can biscuits - Grands homestyle
1 can pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 pack pepperoni slices
Oregano


The How To:
Preheat oven according to biscuit dough directions.  
Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces
In a bowl, mix up the dough pieces, sauce, about half the cheese, and toppings.  
Put the mixture in a dish (a skillet would work best, I think) and then top it with Oregano and more cheese.
Bake for about 5 minutes longer than the biscuits directions say -- Just until the dough is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
This is a little weird to cut, since you don't have a "true" crust.


This is a dish that Will really liked and I really wasn't a fan.  I thought that the dough tasted weird, but this dish was Will approved! 



If I made this again, I would do things a little differently.  But really, I think I just prefer pizza the old fashioned way -- with normal dough (not biscuits). OR if you are in a bind for a quick meal - then Felinni's is always a phone call away.  Or Domino's for you *OTPers.















*OTPers: Out of the Perimeter 'ers -- meaning, people that reside outside the constraints of I- 285. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...