Tuesday, March 19, 2013

14: Chicken Piccata

I found a recipe that I thought looked delicious AND it showed that it is only 4 weight watchers points.  I don't know anything about weight watchers, but I mean 4 points doesn't sound like much.  So it's super healthy - EXTRA BONUS!  I decided tonight was the night to give Chicken Piccata a try.  

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package portabella mushrooms 
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white wine - I used Chardonnay (not pictured)
1 lemon
Gorgonzola cheese (not pictured)
1 tbsp butter
Garlic (to taste)
Parsley (I used dried)
3 tbsp capers
Paprika
S&P

*Just a reminder - my measurements are not exact. 

The How To:
For the chicken - 
Butterfly the chicken, and cut it into thin slices.  
Grab two small bowls
In one, whisk about 2 tbsp flour and 1 cup of broth until smooth
Put about 6 tbsp flour in the other dish
Dunk the chicken pieces in the broth mixture and then into the flour
Place the chicken in a large nonstick skillet
Cook until there is no pink in the middle - the time really depends on how large your slices are.  I cooked mine about 5 minutes per side, but they were on the thinner side.

The sauce-- 
Grab another large pan, melt the butter
Add mushrooms and cook until they start smelling delicious (you know what I mean)
Add garlic and wine and cook for about 2 minutes - until it has reduced a little
Add about 3 tbsp flour - and mix for about 2 more minutes
Stir in 1 cup broth, lemon juice, paprika, and Gorgonzola - bring to a simmer until the sauce has thickend ~ about 5 minutes
Stir in capers, parsley, and chicken - let it simmer for about 5 more minutes.

I served this over leftover Cauliflower Quinoa and it was seriously delicious.  I really could rave on and on about this meal. This might be my favorite "new" meal I've made this far. But it's a close battle with the Gnocchi.  Will also really liked it, but maybe not as much as me.  Needless to say, this dish is Will approved.





Just for fun.. Check out a band and song that we love.. 

They only seem to tour in Texas -- so if you happen to be in that area, check them out and then tell them to come to Atlanta. Here is a link to their tour.. I've never seen them in person, but I'd love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...