Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2 of 52: Cheeseburger Pie



I know you probably thought that I had abandoned you already.. but I didn't.  Will went out of town for a few days and I had to make a trip to Buffalo.  So I had to wait until we were both at home, hungry, and I had enough time to actually cook something.  
Those of you that know Will, know that one of his favorite foods of all time is a Cheeseburger.  So I knew that I HAD to try out the Cheeseburger Pie.






Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls
1 lb lean ground beef
About 4 tbsp Ketchup
About 3 tbsp Mustard
About 2 tbsp Flour
About 2 tbsp Low Fat Milk
About 1 tbsp diced jalapenos 
1-2 cups shredded sharp cheese
Pickles (Wickles are my favorite)
Pepper (to taste)

*Note: 
Mayo is pictured, but it was not used



The How To:
Preheat oven to 375.
Take the crescent rolls out of the can, and spread then in a pie pan.
Once the oven has heated, go ahead and pop the "pie crust" in the oven for about 8 minutes
Brown the ground beef until browned (When I do this step I add a little extra water, and then drain off some of the extra fat -- Thanks to my Mom for that tip)
After draining, stir in ketchup and mustard (I did not measure, I just put as much as I felt like putting)
Sprinkle the mixture with a little flour, and add a little milk
Stir well and leave mixture on heat until it has thickened a little
Remove from heat and add about a half a cup of shredded cheese
Pour your mixture into the "pie crust" and bake for about 10 minutes 
Add the remaining cheese, some extra ketchup, mustard, and pickles if you so choose (Will hates pickles) 

Tomatoes would be excellent on top, but I didn't have any - so maybe for next time.

This dish is Will approved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...