Tuesday, January 22, 2013

5 of 52: Cheesy Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken


For the fifth new dish and the last day of my twenties, I bring you: Cheesy Jalapeño  Stuffed Chicken.  

This is served up with some quinoa (say it KEEN - WAAA), butternut squash, and tomatoes







Ingredients: 
Bacon Bits
2 jalapenos, diced (leave seeds if you like it hot)
1 1/2 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese 
2 tbsp Sour Cream (not pictured)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup panko
1 lime
2 chicken breasts
Olive Oil 
Kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
Paprika (also not pictured)

The sour cream is not pictured because I used it only because I didn't really have as much cream cheese as I was hoping, and I needed something... 
The paprika is not pictured because it was a last minute add.. 

Yes, this is really how I cook. I just kinda throw stuff in as I go.. 


The How To:
Wash and dry chicken breasts, then either beat them down slice them so they are thin (this is to ensure faster cooking)
Preheat the oven to 450.
Line a baking dish with aluminum foil (for easy clean up)
Grab a medium bowl - combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, jalapeno, bacon bits, and a pinch of paprika

Lay the chicken slices out so that you can spread the cheese/jalapeno mixture on each slice - about 2 tbsp mixture on each

Roll each of the chicken slices and lay them in the pan (secure with a toothpick if needed)

Drizzle olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper on each chicken roll - then top with some panko.  I am the worst at measuring - just make sure the chicken is covered.

Pop your chicken in the oven for about 23 -25 minutes and then eat! 

Ready to try out the chicken
Honestly, I think this recipe could be improved a little -- I should have added more cream cheese, and maybe more lime juice.  I thought it would be better if it was a little juicier. 
But, Will did really like it.  His exact words were "Wow, the taste really lingers!" 

Needless to say, this dish is Will approved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...