Monday, January 21, 2013

4 of 52: Chili-Rubbed Salmon


Generally, I make a lot of seafood.  So for today's meal I was a little hesitant trying a new way to make Salmon.  The thing is, Salmon is my wheelhouse.  I have perfected the way to make it and I don't see a reason to change a good thing.. But.. I needed a new dish.. so I tried out the Chili-Rubbed Salmon recipe.
Quite honestly, it didn't taste too much different than my "normal" (not new) way of cooking it.  But I do prefer my ol' trusty recipe.  (Which I won't be sharing on this blog - so you'll have to ask)

Ingredients:
1 lb of Salmon (leaves some for lunch tomorrow)
Chili Powder 
Cayenne Pepper
Dried Oregano
Garlic Salt
Kosher Salt
Olive Oil

The How To:
To remove the skin - place the salmon skin side up on aluminum foil (for easy clean up)
Turn the broiler on high and place the salmon on the top rack - for two minutes
Remove the fish and the skin should peel away with no problem

Grab a large nonstick skillet and add some olive oil and the salmon
Put some kosher salt, oregano, cayenne pepper, and chili powder on top of the salmon, then immediately flip it over and do the same on the bottom. 
Let the salmon cook for about 4 to 5 minutes
Then flip and let the bottom cook for about the same amount of time.
Done.

I love cooking fish.  Easy and fast.

This dish is Will approved.

I'd like to say he loved it so much he had to text all his friends -- but he was just being rude... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...