Monday, February 2, 2015

90: Beef Stroganoff

Confession time: 
When we got married I registered for a pressure cooker and I was super excited when we got one.  Fast forward four years, I still haven't used it because I am scared I'll burn our house down or something.  
All that changes today.  My dad used to cook for one waaaay back when he and my mom first got married (we're talking 1980's).  They told me that they were planning to stop by for a visit, so I thought today would be the perfect day to try out a pressure cooker meal.  Will decided we should try out Beef Stroganoff from the pressure cooker recipe book.  

Ingredients:

2 lbs beef stew meat
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp flour
3/4 cup beef broth
1 large chopped white onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 lb mushrooms
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream
S&P
1 package egg noodles


The How To:
Cook the egg noodles, according to the package

In cooker, brown meat
Add flour and mix well
Stir in onion, garlic powder, mushrooms, tomato paste, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce
Blend thoroughly 
Close the lid and bring to pressure
Cook 20 minutes 
Release pressure and remove lid
Stir in sour cream and blend well
Serve beef mix over the egg noodles

Confession #2 time:
Will actually ended up making this entire meal.  I was talking to my parents so Will just wanted to go ahead and get started.  I did supervise, of course, but he did most of the work.  

Cooking with the pressure cooker ended up not being as scary as I thought. Easy to say when I wasn't the one dealing with it, right.. We all really enjoyed the meal and would definitely make this again.  This meal was Will (and my parents) approved! 













Oh, and if you are interested this is the pressure cooker we use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...