Tuesday, February 17, 2015

96: Lemon Butter Chicken

A while back when searching for new recipes, I ran across this one.  I've been wanting to try it for a while and decided that tonight was the night.

Ingredients:

2 (or 4) skinless boneless chicken breasts   
smoked paprika
S&P
3 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
1/2 cup cream
~1/4 cup parmesan cheese
freshly squeezed juice from a medium lemon
~1 tsp thyme
bag of baby spinach

The How To:  
Preheat oven to 400
Season chicken with S&P and paprika
Melt 2 tbsp butter in a dutch oven over medium heat (this is the one i use) 
Sear both sides about 2 minutes per side, then set aside
Add one more tbsp butter into the pot, along with garlic and let it cook for about 2 minutes
Stir in broth, cream, parmesan, lemon juice and thyme
Bring that to a boil, and stir in spinach
Let it simmer until the spinach has wilted, about 4 minutes
Add your chicken back into the sauce and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes


I served this along with some garlic bread, brussel sprouts and sliced tomatoes.  Let me start by saying that Will and I both would have definitely swam in this sauce.  We were almost fighting over who could dunk their bread first.  Next time I make this (there will definitely be a next time) I think I will spice it up with a pinch of cayenne pepper and also add some pasta.  I can't even wait to eat my leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  This dish was Will approved! 



















Today is definitely Fat Tuesday... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...