Wednesday, February 25, 2015

98: Beef, Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry

Will and I usually like Asian inspired meals, so I thought I'd try out this version of stir fry. Of course, I tweaked the recipe a bit... 

Ingredients:

~1 lb sirloin steak cut into strips 
olive oil
1/2 carton mushrooms
1 large bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
about 12 baby carrots, diced
1 package 90 second rice - long and wild grain
1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
~1 tbsp packed brown sugar
~1/4 tbsp ginger powder
~1/4 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 
1/4 tsp ground pepper

The How To:
In a small bowl, mix together the following ingredients: soy sauce, hoisin, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, sesame oil, cayenne, and better -- set aside
In a large pan (or wok) heat some olive oil over medium/high heat
Add beef and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes -- set aside
Add mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots to the pan to cook until tender - about 4-5 minutes
Add beef, and sauce mixture and mix until combined - about 2 minutes
Serve immediately over rice
Top with sesame seeds if you'd like


It turned out that 1 package of rice wasn't really enough, and we had way more meat than veggies - which was ok for Will.  Whenever I make this dish again, I will add a diced onion, sliced red pepper, more broccoli and more carrots.  If I am feeling crazy, I might even throw in some shrimp.  If you were paying attention you noticed, I said WHEN I make this again.  That can only mean one thing -- it was Will approved!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...