Tuesday, February 10, 2015

93: Roasted Veggie Quinoa Salad

I debated on calling this dish, 'clean out your fridge quinoa salad' but I decided against it.  I saw this recipe for something similar, but of course I ended up going my own way.  

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 packet spicy ranch seasoning
olive oil 
random herb mix (oregano, basil, thyme, whatever you have) 
juice from half a lemon
S&P
EVOO
~6 radishes
~6 brussel sprouts
2 zucchini squash
1 yellow squash
1 container mushrooms
1/2 container grape tomatoes
container reduced fat feta cheese

*totally forgot to take a picture


The How To:
Preheat your oven to 405
While you are waiting on the oven to heat up, go ahead and cook the quinoa (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water - bring to boil, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes)
Also while waiting - go ahead and cut up (peel if you want) all your veggies
Add all the veggies (except for the tomatoes) to a large pan and season with olive oil, ranch packet, and S&P
Let the veggies cook for about 30 minutes 
While you are waiting on the cooking, grab a cup and juice half a lemon (remove the seeds), season with random herb mix, and some EVOO
Once quinoa is finished, add to a big bowl 
Mix in feta cheese and tomatoes (I don't like roasted tomatoes) 
Mix in the rest of the veggies and top with the 'dressing'

Will isn't as big of a veggie lover as me, but I'm working on him.  He said that it was much more flavorful than he was thinking it would be and that yes, he did like it.  I loved it and kept raving about it.  I will DEF be making this again - and then maybe I'll throw some meat in for him.  This dish was Will approved! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...